In our previous blog post we talked about a few of the different lighting types that can be used within your bathroom. However, throughout today’s post I want to discuss a few creative ideas that some of our customers have used for their bathroom lighting techniques – some ideas that truly blew us away! It’s always a great feeling to see that our tips and tricks are helping our customers be as creative as they want to be – there is no limit to what you can do with lighting, regardless of how large or small a particular space is.
The main thing to consider throughout this post is this: your bathroom does NOT have to be boring and drab, it can sparkle and dazzle.
That’s if you want it to, of course.
The following tips are from a Dallas-Based American Lighting Association to lighten up your bathroom project:
- Lighting in the shower should be bright enough for the tasks at hand. Choose light fixtures designed for use in wet areas.
- Tubs and showers need good general light, which can be provided by a recessed fixture. To avoid glare, aim the light’s beam at the outside edge of the tub.
- Windows provide natural light and can supplement or replace artificial lighting, particularly during the day.
- Create a night light by illuminating the floor in the toe-space area below vanities and cabinets with a linear lighting system.
- Indirect or cove lighting can add a soft, warm glow to the bathroom.
- Good mirror lighting, provided by warm fluorescent vertical wall sconces, provides even facial illumination.
- A halogen light above the vanity provides cross illumination when used with wall sconces.
- Table lamps add a soft touch to bathrooms. Place them away from water sources.
- A decorative light fixture suspended from the ceiling provides an elegant touch while adding extra light.
- Focused flood or halogen fixtures over the commode provide good light for water-closet reading.
A recent HGTV remodel shows a wide variety of different bathroom lighting techniques that can be used for any bathroom, regardless of how large or small. The image below is a Tuscan-inspired powder room that provides an exotic feel and a blend of ruggedness and refinement:
As you will see from the image above, the bathroom lighting was installed in functional, yet flattering layers. Our experts at Westside Wholesale recommend using at least four different types of bathroom lighting (as they have in this HGTV remodel):
- Ambient Lighting
- Task Lighting
- Decorative Lighting
- Accent Lighting
From these four different types of lighting, you will be able to create a “scene” within your bathroom. Use your imagination to come up with the master bathroom of your dreams. You’re the director of your own movie. You are in charge and have the ability to give your bathroom lighting some depth, layering and softness.
What if you have an idea of the exact bathroom you want, but you don’t feel creative enough to make it happen? Well, if you have the budget for it, you can hire an interior designer who can make your vision a reality – with ease.
Westside Wholesale has a diverse selection of bathroom lighting options for you to choose from, and at very reasonable prices. So, whatever your dream bathroom might be – we can help make it happen.